If you’re from Hong Kong and are a British national (overseas) you and your family members can apply for a British National (Overseas) visa. This is known as a BNO visa. It allows you to live, work and study in the UK.

you want to set up an innovative business in the UK - it must be something that’s different from anything else on the market

Who can apply

You can apply for a BNO visa if you’re:

1. a British national (overseas)

2. 18 or older

Your permanent home must be:

1. in Hong Kong, if you’re applying from outside the UK

2. in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Hong Kong if you’re applying in the UK

Your family members

Your family members can apply for a BNO visa if they’re eligible. They must usually apply at the same time as you.

How long you can stay

You can apply to stay for either:

1. 2 years and 6 months

2. 5 years

You will be able to extend your visa if you want to stay longer. You can apply to extend your visa as many times as you want.

After you’ve lived in the UK for 5 years, you can apply to live in the UK permanently.

What you can and cannot do

You can:

1. work (except you cannot work as a professional sportsperson or sports coach)

2. study (including at school, college or university)

3. You cannot apply for most benefits

Why Tj Immigration services?

Since our founding, our primary goal has been to provide immigration in all over country. Our impact is speak louder than our word.